COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you looking to use your administrative experience to take your career to the next level? Do you love being a go-to person and supporting executives? Are you an enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and take initiative? If you can multi-task and thrive in a busy office, we would like to hear from you. Our Mission Solutions organization is seeking an Administrative Assistant for a fast-paced dynamic work environment at our Herndon, Virginia site.
In this role you will:
• Manage multiple executive calendars, arranges meetings, make travel arrangements and interface with program management and high-level customers.
• Set up meetings, Skype Meetings, Conference Calls and VTCs for assigned executives in the appropriate locations and ensures they are connected prior to start time.
• Partner and coordinate with Programs, the Line of Business, LOB staff Administrative Team.
• Ensure Conference Rooms are equipped appropriately and properly arranged for all Director and Program meetings
• Utilize personal computer and standard desk top software (advanced skillset of Microsoft Office Suite such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) to access LM systems, compose correspondence and create presentation charts.
• Demonstrate initiative, discretion and management of email, telephone calls and other requests.
• Ensure all correspondence is accurate, complete and properly handled.
• Proactively collaborate on tasks with Administrative team
• Perform additional special assignments as required in support of program and executive staff needs
• Assist with on-site visit and office assignment requests, catering, escorting, facilitating events, and ordering office supplies.
• Fill-in for other administrative assistants as needed.
• Be willing and able to occasionally adjust work schedule to accommodate business need for early and/or late event support.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
• Ability to coordinate complex travel arrangements and reconciliation of expense reports.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with utmost discretion.
• Event planning/management skills and coordination experience.
• US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external customers, clients and vendors.
• Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) with advanced level of competency.
• Willingness to adapt and learn SharePoint and similar tools.
• Be flexible and able to work independently and execute projects with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to proactively plan and prioritize administrative requirements and ability to anticipate needs in order to best manage the office.
• Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.