The Federal Accounts Director, Department of Defense (DoD) is responsible for identifying and generating opportunities for QTS solutions within the DoD. This position requires a highly motivated and energetic individual with an understanding of current and developing mission priorities for the DoD, and who can understand how QTS solutions can be leveraged to support and further mission goals. The selected candidate will work within the customer community and with senior QTS leadership to develop and sell solutions both CONUS and OCONUS. The candidate will use industry experience to seek out and develop connections within the DoD, systems' integrator and partner communities and identify and develop large scale opportunities that directly contribute to QTS' market presence and long-term revenue growth. The target audience for our services are CIO, Program Manager, and Director-Level Infrastructure IT positions.
In this role, it is critical to understand DoD's cloud, HWaaS and other compute challenges both CONUS and OCONUS. QTS Federal is a dedicated, entrepreneurial team focused on developing differentiated solutions for agency customers. To be successful in this role, one must be equally self-directed and collaborative with a passion for supporting the DoD.
RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned
• Ability to partner with cross-functional teams and to utilize our internal teams (Sales Engineering, Site Operations, Marketing, Channel) to quickly identify and build solutions based on prospects and customers' needs and requests to drive new business
• Generate new business by leveraging existing relationships, seeking out new strategic alliances and active participation in the customer community.
• Ability to generate new opportunities by leveraging partners that are QTS' extended sales force
• Serve as liaison between the client and internal teams to provide outstanding level of service
• BS/BA required or equivalent experience
• Ten or more years of IT experience within the DoD preferably with an emphasis on data center, infrastructure, networking, and/or cloud
• Active-duty military experience preferred
• Active U.S. Government security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government ICD 704 eligibility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with new and existing customers.
• Proven consultative approach and methods
• Product expertise in infrastructure hosting, data center, hybrid cloud
• Proven track record of success in DoD accounts
• Proven methodologies for prospecting new business
• History of over-achievement
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to partner with cross-functional teams such as sales engineering to drive new business
• Consultative solutioning to CXO, VP and I/T Director levels
• Strong market insight and an established business network that can generate meaningful business outcomes
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations at a high growth company
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
"EEO is the Law" Poster (~~~) ;
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement (~~~) .
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster-Formatted (~~~)
QTS is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to ~~~ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Technology continues to redefine the digital economy. The IT infrastructure requirements of companies across nearly every industry are constantly evolving. However, one theme has remained constant, data center requirements, the core infrastructure underlying the digital economy, continue to accelerate. As one of the leading data center providers in the industry, QTS is entrusted with providing world-class data center solutions to enterprises, government agencies and the largest and fastest growing technology companies in the world.
Through innovation and technology, QTS has redefined data center solutions. At QTS, our people are empowered to provide expertise, technology capability and infrastructure for IT decision makers in complex, high-pressure environments. The power of QTS' innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate around a common goal to create solutions to complex IT requirements.
At QTS, we are ready to support the ongoing digital transformation of the global economy. And we'd like to invite you to join us.