Department: Maintenance Job Status: Full Time or Part Time
FLSA Status: NonExempt Amount of Travel Required: <10%
Reports To: Department Manager Positions Supervised: N/A
Legacy Vacation Resorts is a certified B Corp hospitality management company headquartered in Orlando, FL. Our corporate team leads the future of the hospitality industry in 8 properties across 4 states. We give customers the opportunity to rent or own at one or more of our 8 locations. Together, we bring an exceptional work-force dedicated to giving our guests and owners a perfect vacation experience.
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain operating and quality standards throughout the property according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform basic maintenance duties to install and maintain all equipment on property and in guest suites
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and property items to maintain in-service suites and property such as; light bulbs, remote controls,
- Performs repairs in walls, tiles and carpeting
- Re-touch painting and caulking as needed
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair faucets, toilets, parts, test and make
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment, property, and facilities as scheduled
- Perform a variety of minimal plumbing, electrical, and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor
- Comply with all safety regulations and standards and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules, Maintenance Standards Manual, Common Areas Manual, In-suite Standards, federal/state, local code
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate, conduct and conform to a set of values and accepted standards
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Loyal - The trait of feeling a duty to the employer
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: One year experience in Resort Maintenance.
Computer Skills: N/A
Certificates & Licenses: Technical trainings
Operation of essential equipment including power towels, hand tools, etc.
Must have a flexible schedule as the schedules are determined based on the needs of the business.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Depth Perception) Sense of Sound (normal hearing range)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety goggles and other safety equipment)
Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (Temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions)
Team Member Name:
Team Member Signature:
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the team member’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the team member to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
“We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability statu