Requisition ID: 123943
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Building Group is looking for a Senior Estimating Manager that can lead various estimates up to $250 million specifically for federal government vertical commercial projects in the markets of government installations, housing, education, healthcare, mixed-use and general commercial building. Duties will include, but are not limited to reading and interpreting documents, subcontractor solicitation, leading a team of estimators, analyzing drawing and specifications, participate in win strategies, reviewing and assisting with proposals, presentation of estimates to clients, managing 3rd party cost estimating contractors, and other duties as required to prepare cost estimates for various projects. Conceptual estimating, preconstruction services, design-assist and design-build management.
• Previous experience with Federal Contracts and Federal Agencies is a must.
• The ability to obtain a TS Clearance a must.
• Existing Subcontractor and Vendor experience and relationships in the DC/Mid-Atlantic Area preferred.
• 20% travel throughout the year is anticipated, pending
Kiewit Building Group specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities and extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development.? Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services.?
This position will be based out of our Springfield, VA office and typically requires less than 20 percent travel across the United States. This is a shared service environment in a professional office setting.
• Leading a team of estimators and engineers in large pursuits. Task management, strategies, resource leveling and responsible for estimate close out processes.
• Leading teams in multiple estimates and pursuits.
• Analyzing drawings and specifications to evaluate risk and facilitate win strategies.
• Communicate and present a detailed estimate to executive management.
• Reviewing and assisting with proposals and other documentation to prepare cost estimates for various projects.
• Become proficient in Kiewit's estimating program. In Eight Estimate.
• Provide leadership and strategy in subcontractor and vendor selection process
• Implement District Estimating Programs, Management Reviews and activities. Include implementing company policies and procedures.
• Implement District Training program for estimating staff.
• Undergraduate degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineer
• At least 10 years of estimating experience required where you have been the lead estimator for at least half that time.
• Ability to lead large estimates and lead multiple teams.
• Passion for preconstruction and estimating.
• Strong communication skills both in person and virtual. Strong work ethic and self-starter is a must.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Ability to take limited instruction and implement successful action items.
• Applicant must be proficient with conceptual, hard bid and self-perform estimating.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Results orientated with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Must be detail oriented and technically sound with good communication skills.
• Ability to utilize computers, and experienced with Microsoft Office, On Screen takeoff, Hard Dollar, Timberline and/or MC2, or other estimating software programs.
• Interested in professional development and continued education.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.