Our HR Team in Jersey City has a new opening for the VP of HR Employee Relations and Compliance
This is a strategic position that stays abreast of developments within the HR and Risk Management fields and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application across all US Business and Functional units. This individual will be a recognized technical authority for Risk Governance and Control & Compliance within the HR function. They will be part of a broader team that provides the same level of subject matter expertise and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the overall performance and effectiveness of the HR function through complex deliverables.
The VP of HR Compliance oversees the ongoing development, implementation and collaborative enforcement of HR Compliance programs, including policies and procedures, control design and implementation, training, risk assessments, monitoring, remediation and special projects.
• Demonstrate experience and proficiency across a broad range of key Corporate Compliance risk areas and program elements (including new law monitoring, policy and procedure development, control design and implementation, training and communications, risk assessments, incident investigation and remediation, monitoring and testing, reporting and data analytics).
• Maintain oversight of compliance controls as part of the risk assessment process, and implement new controls to address program gaps in order to drive early detection and prevention
• Analyze and prepare data-driven reports for senior management that reflect key metrics for measuring program effectiveness and use metrics to communicate a cohesive account of performance
• Manage compliance issues that arise, including driving remediation activities, identification of root causes and reporting on related outcomes.
• Develop controls, procedures and system solutions to enhance the effectiveness of the compliance function
• Conduct monitoring and testing to ensure compliance programs are working effectively and requirements are being adhered to
• Improve training programs to ensure the organization understands applicable compliance risk areas, and verify the effectiveness of the training that is delivered
• Assess potential risks to objectives and take action to remove or reduce impact or probability of the risk occurring; report and undertake formal risk or control assessments
• Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with senior leaders to reinforce accountability
• Manage communication and collaboration with business and functional units to gauge adherence to key requirements and practical usefulness of compliance measures
Your Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor's degree, or 7+ years of experience in compliance, privacy and/or regulatory affairs, with a focus on Human Resources Compliance.
• Working knowledge of employment laws and/or regulations.
• 5+ years of experience in a leadership position
• Excellent communication both written and verbal presentations to multiple levels of an organization
*** The hiring manager is looking for attorney candidates that have a Juris Doctorate**
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment
Kuehne + Nagel is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you require an accommodation for any part of the online application process due to a disability, please contact the Employee Services HR Help Desk at ~~~ during the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm EST; Monday through Friday or via e-mail at: ~~~ with the nature of your request. We will answer your inquiry within 24 hours.