Full Charge Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant
An established CPA firm in Ocala, FL is looking for a full charge bookkeeper for monthly, quarterly, and annual client accounting. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and/or reviewing bank statements.
- Recording fixed assets and maintaining depreciation schedules.
- Reviewing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for errors and proposing adjustments.
- Posting/reviewing loans payable, preparing amortization schedules, and ensuring proper posting of payments.
- Review General Ledger for accuracy and consistency in posting.
- Proposing and/or posting adjusting journal entries.
- Preparing and/or processing paychecks.
- Preparing quarterly payroll tax returns.
- Preparing monthly and/or quarterly sales tax returns.
- Preparing annual W2s and/or 1099s.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with QuickBooks. Certification as a QuickBooks Pro Advisor a big plus.
- Experience or working knowledge of basic income tax returns a plus.
- Proficiencies in Office software including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- An attention to detail and strong sense of urgency around deadlines.
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively with clients and staff.
- The ability to handle a high-volume workload, multitask, and prioritize.
- The ability to recognize, respond to, and solve client problems on their own.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Eagerness to learn and be self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently while still being part of a team.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to self-audit before secondary review.
Our team enjoys a full benefit package and a great working environment. Salary commensurate with experience.